So you want to see 50 Shades?
50 Shades of Grey opens this weekend. It seems like everyone is talking about seeing this movie. You want to go see it, right?
Let’s talk about not supporting this film.
Do not go see this film. Do not read the book if you haven’t already. Do not waste your money. Do not support this rubbish.
Why? Here are numerous critiques:
- Owen Strachan: How ‘50 Shades of Grey’ harms women & Jesus saves them
- Kevin DeYoung: No Grey Area
- Albert Mohler Fifty Shades of Shame — The Evolution of Pornography
- Kevin DeYoung: Not Even a Hint - As Christians, we should shun all forms of sexual immorality and avoid thinking about them
- Joe Carter: Fifty Shades, Twilight, and Teaching Young Women to Desire Abusers
- Joe Carter: Rejecting the Industrialized Sex of ‘50 Shades of Grey’
- Adelle M. Banks: ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ moves evangelicals beyond black and white sexuality
- Wendy Alsup: Fifty Shades of Genesis 3:16
- Tracy Clark-Flory on Salon.com: “50 Shades” of coercive sex: The movie is even worse than the book
- Tim Challies: 50 Shades of Porn
- Helen Thorne at Challies.com: 7 Lessons from 50 Shades of Grey
- Marshall Segal at Desiring God: Fifty Shades of Nay: Sin Is a Needle, Not a Toy
- The Rambling Curl: Fifty Abusive Moments in Fifty Shades of Grey (Strong Language Alert)
- Leslie Leyland Fields: A Modest Proposal: 50 Shades of Grey in Every Classroom!
- Matt Fradd: Study Finds 50 Shades Readers More Likely to Binge Drink, Have Unsafe Sex and Eating Disorders
- Matt Fradd: Movie Critics Slam Upcoming 50 Shades Film
- Rebekah: My Official Review Of Fifty Shades Of Grey
- 50 Things to Know About “Fifty Shades of Grey”
- 4 Lies About Sexuality in Fifty Shades of Grey
Do you still want to go see this filth?