Reformation Day 2013
Reformation Day is a celebration of God's saving work. It is the recovery of the great truths of Scripture: Justification (being made right with God) by Faith alone, by Grace alone, through Christ alone, for the Glory of God alone. And our highest and final authority is Scripture alone.
Links for Reformation Day 2013
- Justin Taylor: An Interview with Carl Trueman on Luther’s 95 Theses
- Ligonier: What Is Reformation Day All About?
- Ligonier: Reformation Day Free Download: R.C. Sproul’s Luther and the Reformation
- Mockingbird: The Reformation Redirection
- Desiring God: The Reformation: Trick or Treat?
- TGC: 'Sola Scriptura' Radicalized and Abandoned
- Kevin DeYoung: The Glory of the Reformation: A Clean Conscience
- Scotty Smith: A Prayer of Thanks for the Gospel on Reformation Day
- It's only 1,460 days until the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation
Here I Stand
A New 95
Lastly, Chris Rosebrough has posted A New 95 Theses: Challenging The Excesses Of American Evangelicalism that everyone should read:
Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, the public bulletin board of his day. In like manner, we post these 95 theses on the door of the internet. Like the original theses, these are debatable, for we believe that it is through vigorous debate that the spirits are tested and truth is revealed.
In publishing these theses, we do not intend to foment division, but to expose those who are creating division within the body of Christ. We invite all who love the Gospel of Jesus Christ to engage in this debate. We do so in the spirit of the great Reformer, Martin Luther, as we implore the mercies of God upon His Church, for the sake of Jesus Christ, the Lord of the Church and shepherd of our souls.